In October 2018, some of the leading minds around aging and technology gathered in Vancouver at the fourth annual AGE-WELL Conference.
Researchers, innovators, scientists and entrepreneurs met to share news around their latest projects and to push the conversation forward about how technology can help Canadians age more successfully. There were demonstrations, presentations, networking and collaboration among all AGE-WELL stakeholders.
It was a rare opportunity to get a feel for what and who is at the forefront of aging today.
It wasn’t something YouAreUNLTD would dare miss. We were there in the midst of the action – learning and expanding our knowledge base with the country’s best innovators and scientific minds. Our video team spent time with many of them, conducting interviews about their hopes, dreams and visions of what’s to come and the face of aging right now.
The result is Perspectives on the New Aging Consumer, a series of 18 captivating short videos that we wanted to share with our YouAreUNLTD audience. Over the next few months, we will be posting them on our site and our YouTube channel. You’ll hear from this country’s top talents in the aging landscape. We’re sure you’re be inspired, moved and amazed by the energy and passion being channelled into making the lives of Canadians healthier as they age.
We are happy to showcase the first two thought leaders: Dr. Brendan Byrne, entrepreneur in residence, TELUS Health and medical director, Wellness Garage, and Michael Tamblyn, CEO, Rakuten Kobo and AGE-WELL chief entrepreneur.
Our other interviewees include:
- Dr. Frank Knoefel, clinical scientist, Bruyère Research Institute, physician & AGE-WELL researcher
- Dr. Don Juzwishin, adjunct associate professor, University of Victoria & AGE-WELL researcher
- Noureddin Chahrour, founder, Adrenalease Inc. & AGE-WELL trainee
- Dr. Lili Liu, chair, dept. of rehabilitation, University of Alberta & AGE-WELL researcher
- Emma Smith, PhD candidate, University of British Columbia & AGE-WELL trainee
- Shaun Fickling, co-founder, ARCtag, PhD candidate, Simon Fraser University & AGE-WELL trainee
- Rachel Thompson, CEO & founder, Marlena Books
- Dr. Pooja Viswanathan, CEO & co-founder, Braze Mobility Inc.
- Dr. Susan Kirkland, professor, Dalhousie University, AGE-WELL board member & researcher
- Ron Beleno, co-chair, Older Adult and Caregiver Advisory Committee, AGE-WELL
- Mimi Lowi-Young, chair, board of directors, AGE-WELL
- Dr. Alex Mihailidis, scientific co-director & CEO, AGE-WELL
- Laura Tamblyn Watts, chief public policy officer, CARP
- Dr. Louise Demers, director, School of Rehabilitation, University of Montreal & AGE-WELL researcher
- Jim Mann, Alzheimer’s advocate & member, AGE-WELL Research Management Committee
- Dr. Sandra McKay, director, research, VHA Home Healthcare
Be sure to check back at YouAreUNLTD.com often for the latest videos and subscribe to the YouAreUNLTD YouTube channel here. Knowledge rules!