Monday, July 6, 2020

CATEGORY

Community

How To Better Support And Love A Spouse With A Disability

Relationships are challenging. Any relationship. The challenges increase when one partner is suddenly, or gradually over time due to a debilitating illness, living with...

Expert Advice For Smarter Grocery Shopping And Maximizing Nutrition During COVID-19

While all of us are trying to limit our trips to the grocery store as much as possible, you might be wondering what should...

Personal Stories About Tackling Chronic Pain With Courage And Determination

From the physical aspects of pain to its mental components, to the social parts of one’s life that chronic pain affects, everyone’s experiences with...

How To Get Stronger, Improve Your Posture And Boost Your Mobility With Pilates

Pilates is about as far away as you can get from trendy exercise fads. It has been practiced since the late 1920s. And believe...

Forget Dressing For Your Age: Flaunt Your Style As You Like It

Huda Cade scoffs at the notion of dressing your age. “It’s ageist! That phrase means women of a certain age should dress and act in...

Why Medical Advice Seems To Be Constantly Changing

Often in medicine, when physicians give advice, it is clear cut, precise and meant for a particular patient or group of patients. However, the...

The Lighter Side of Aging – Being Called Mister, Bifocals and Embracing Nostalgia

Is there actually a way to age better when it comes to health? Being a baby boomer, I would say aging and better health...

Look To Canada’s Indigenous Communities To Understand How Age And Wisdom Are Valued

Western cultures see aging through the narrow, warped lens of health and disease, chronic illness and disability. Being independent for as long as possible...

Cranky? Irritable? Fatigue? Forgetful? It Might Be Male Menopause

“We’ve always been kitchen-klatch people,” says 55-year-old Daniel Kenney about himself and his four older siblings, the eldest of whom is 65. “The kitchen is...

Rethinking How You Think About And How You Respond To Pain Can Help Ease Discomfort

Pain is often the reason why people make an appointment to see their healthcare provider. If the feeling – the pain, the discomfort – is...

Latest news

Try These Summer Smoothie Recipes With Nutritious Wild Blueberries

Sticking to New Year’s resolutions may be easier with these smoothie recipes from the Wild Blueberry Association of North America. To inspire a vibrant and healthy...

Yes, You Can Live To 100 And Beyond, Say Researchers

I remember when Alida Desroches, the Franco-Ontarian grandmother of my sister-in-law, Darlene, wished me a happy birthday when I was in my 40s. “Live...

Meet A 40+ Driven Runner Who Is Training Smarter And Pushing Harder

When it comes to sports and physical activities, I am a competitive person. It’s just how I’m wired. I grew up in a time...

A Healthy Mouth Worth Smiling About: Get The Latest Oral Care Facts

It’s time to sink our teeth into an important topic – oral health care. At one time, getting older meant getting dentures. That is no...

For Love Or Money: Research Shows How Marriage Is Good For Your Finances

Want to get richer? Get married! In recent years, rhetoric about high divorce rates and millennials shunning or postponing marriage – often into their 30s...