Tuesday, July 14, 2020

CATEGORY

Community

Alzheimer’s Activist Caron Leid Provides Comfort To Others And Shares Her Journey

Caron Leid is a doer. And when the going gets tough, she does even more. For the past 19 years, much of what Leid...

Tears Are Not Enough: Understanding Dry Eye Disease And How To Tackle It

Many of us expect that the quality of our vision will change as we grow older. We're more likely to need reading glasses and...

Columnist Robert Hawke Ponders Big Regrets and Choices Made Without Second Thoughts

My life would have been so much better if I hadn’t asked the hot person out. I wish I didn’t take that trip to Spain. If...

AGE-WELL To Receive $21.9 Million In Federal Funds To Improve Quality of Life For Older Adults And Caregivers

AGE-WELL NCE Inc. (Aging Gracefully across Environments using Technology to Support Wellness, Engagement and Long Life) welcomes today’s announcement that AGE-WELL’s funding has been...

Two Sisters Get Candid About What They’ve Learned Caregiving For Their Mother

When women become largely responsible for a chronically ill or disabled loved one, their own well-being often falls by the wayside. And other life...

Actor Lorne Cardinal Continues To Push Boundaries And Live Life With Courage

“If you let fear run your life, you can live a very small world. You’re not going to experience the greatness that’s out there...

Understanding The Link Between Nutrition, Arthritis And Joint Health

More than six million Canadians live with arthritis. It can occur at any age, but the likelihood increases with age. It can be painful...

Amintro App Helps Connect Older Adults And Ease Social Isolation During COVID-19

Aside from trips to the grocery store or doctor’s office, COVID-19 has confined many Canadians to their homes. A staple of daily life –...

The Quest For Better Sleep Continues With Innovators Dreaming Up Smarter Slumber Solutions

Forget envying youth for their youth; it’s their deep sleep we most desire. Increased waking in the night, or waking earlier in the morning,...

A Doctor And Husband Writes About The Impact of Dementia And Loneliness On His Marriage

A Toast Here’s to Aloneness and her second cousin, Loneliness. May we continue to especially savour and enjoy the former. Without being absorbed by the latter. I wrote...

Also Worth a Read

Advancing Technology-Based Solutions To Support Older Adults And Their Caregivers

AGE-WELL NCE Inc. (Aging Gracefully across Environments using Technology to Support Wellness, Engagement and Long Life) is pleased to announce funding for 22...

Try These Summer Smoothie Recipes With Nutritious Wild Blueberries

Sticking to New Year’s resolutions may be easier with these smoothie recipes from the Wild Blueberry Association of North America. To inspire a vibrant and healthy...

Yes, You Can Live To 100 And Beyond, Say Researchers

I remember when Alida Desroches, the Franco-Ontarian grandmother of my sister-in-law, Darlene, wished me a happy birthday when I was in my 40s. “Live...

Meet A 40+ Driven Runner Who Is Training Smarter And Pushing Harder

When it comes to sports and physical activities, I am a competitive person. It’s just how I’m wired. I grew up in a time...

A Healthy Mouth Worth Smiling About: Get The Latest Oral Care Facts

It’s time to sink our teeth into an important topic – oral health care. At one time, getting older meant getting dentures. That is no...